Massage tables are important tools in medical treatment. Choosing the right massage table helps to improve and enhance the treatment. If you want to choose a massage table to carry out medical treatments, there are various factors to consider.
The guide below will consider a few of those factors so that you can make a wise decision.
- The massage table should be wide enough as you will get all people in different sizes. The width of the massage table should be at least 28 inches if not 30 inches. If you are short, then you should go for a massage table which is 25 inches as it will allow you proximity to your patient though such tables may not be comfortable for heavy-set patients. There are massage tables available with an hour glass shape. These tables are narrower in the middle and wider at the ends. This allows you to have more access over the center area. These tables provide maximum comfort for your patient keeping their posture in mind.
- Massage tables usually have adjustable legs that allow you to adjust the height of the table. Tables usually range from 60 to 83 cms high. To check the right height, you should stand straight, keeping the arms by the side with your fists closed. The distance between your knuckles and floor should be measured, and the massage table should be set at that distance. Wooden tables usually have height adjustment knobs on the legs whereas aluminum tables have push-button adjustments.
- The length of the massage table is usually 73 inches. There is an adjustable face cradle that can be added to the end of the table which increases the table length by around 7.5 to 9 inches. There are also tables that come with a breath hole where the face cradle is not required.
- The weight of the table should be enough to support even heavy-set patients. These tables usually come in ranges of 12 to 21 kgs. If you need to keep moving the table frequently then a lighter table is ideal. However, lightweight massage tables are not very sturdy. It is recommended to use heavyset massage tables.
- You can choose massage tables made of wood or aluminum. Wood tables are heavier than aluminum and look more attractive than aluminum tables. However, if you want to combine the features of both, you can opt for a table which has an aluminum frame but with wooden legs.
- You need to choose the right foam thickness. The thick foam of high quality ensures maximum comfort for your patient as well as support for the entire body. If the foam has high density, it will not sag as time goes on.
- The upholstery of massage tables should be made of a material which is durable, easy to clean and pleasant against the skin as well. PVC leather offers durability and is easy to clean, but it is not pleasant for the skin. PU leather is soft, durable and feels luxurious as well. When compared to PVC leather, PU leather is more desired as suitable material for upholstery.
- There are massage tables available with sensor cable support systems. These allow for more strength, stability, and prevent the table from collapsing. These support systems also prevent the table from moving around or picking enabling your patients to have a peaceful and calm experience.
- When you buy a massage table opt a reputed manufacturer who provides high-quality massage tables with a guarantee.