Just like vaccination in pregnancy you need to educate yourself about stress issues during pregnancy. Stress can lead to several issues during pregnancy. Nearly 20 % of pregnancies end up in miscarriages, but the number could be on the higher side due to lack of unreported cases. The main reason for stress is chromos abnormality interfering with the normal development of the embryo. There is nothing at your end that you can do to prevent miscarriage.
The moment you become pregnant a wide range of emotions may trigger a panic button. To a normal change, stress could pave the way for a roller coaster ride. In certain cases, stress could be beneficial to an individual as it can pose new challenges. This could trigger panic issues and cause problems both for the mother and for the well-being of the baby.
The reasons for stress when you become pregnant?
The mere fact that you are pregnant could be a stressful experience worth it in itself. A situation may arise that you have gone on to lose control or are not able to cope with sufficient resources to cope with things. There is some cause of stress during pregnancy
- Wait for the results of your pregnancy tests
- Any previous negative experiences with your tests like miscarriage or it can be the death of your baby.
- Surrounded by advice from people of all quarters
- Facing difficulty in your relationships and this can be family violence
- Being a single parent you might be wondering how to cope
- Facing up to financial difficulties.
- A past history of depression and dealing with anxiety issues
If any of the above situations is occurring the chances are that you might be suffering from stress. Just like safe vaccines during pregnancy you need to take reasonable care.
How to cut down on stress during pregnancy?
During pregnancy, it is important to take care of your mental well-being, just in the same manner you care for your physical health. The moment you are happy and content you are able to cope with stress in a positive way. The moment you reduce stress it is not going to have any significant impact on your baby. In order to cut down on stress triggers pay attention to the following aspects
- Do pay considerable attention to the triggers that can lead to stress and clearly understand what would happy if you are stressed
- The key is to slow down and do not put a lot of pressure on yourself
- If people are willing to help you accept their offers
- Do spend time with people who are going to make you feel calm as and when you need them
- Consumption of a well-balanced diet to keep you and your baby healthy
- There are some exercises suitable for pregnancy and you need to stick to that
- Do take part in a favourite hobby that would be of help
The above factors can reduce the chances of depression.