Nausea is one of the symptoms of approaching menstruation cycle. But sometimes people mistaken it to be the one of the pregnancy symptoms. Usually, nausea happens when the menstruation date is near and the feeling goes once the cycle starts. The reasons behind the menstruation cycle can be:
- Hormones: When the menstruation cycle is approaching or during the cycle, some women feel nausea. The reason for it can be the hormone imbalance. During periods, stomach releases more gastric juice. This gastric juice is acidic and is the reason for the nausea feeling. So, change in hormones level not only messes up with your mood but also the gastric juice.
- Pain: Many women suffers from pain in different parts of their body during or before the menstruation cycle. These pains can be in stomach, back, legs, headache. Menstruation causes contraction in uterus and cramps. Women feel nausea due to severe pain which is caused by the painful contraction.
- Migraines: Headache is another painful side effect of menstruation cycle. These headaches or migraines can lead to nausea.
- Digestion: During periods, many women experience the disturbance in the digestive cycle. This disturbance may again lead to the nausea or vomiting sometimes.
Home Remedies to control Nausea during Menstruation Cycle
Home remedies are useful almost always. Never underestimate the power of nature. Before the technology and medical science, our ancestors used to deal with all this stuff using natural ingredients. Let’s give a look what can be done to fix this problem of nausea using something from your kitchen:
- Mint Tea: Mint contains menthol which is helpful in curing nausea. Making mint tea is simple. Boil some water, add mint and after keeping it for 5 minutes add some lemon in it.
- Marshmallow: It only helps to reduce the indigestion problem but is also good foto cure nausea.
- Ginger: Ginger is the first choice of many to get rid of nausea. Add some ginger in your tea or eat it raw, it will be useful.
- Lemon: Lemon is again an useful ingredient. Add it with mint tea or just with boil water. It will help reducing the nausea.
- Hot water bag: it helps in reducing lower abdominal pain which is one of the causes of nausea.
- Healthy diet: make sure you are eating properly. Sometimes you don’t feel like eating during periods which may lead to nausea. Avoid eating oily and unhealthy food during this time.
- Cloves: It helps in reducing nausea and vomiting as well.
When to go to Doctor or take medicine
If any of the home remedies are not working and your condition is getting worse, ladies it’s time to hit the hospital. You can also opt of taking medicines if you don’t want to trouble your doctor too often and if condition is not severe. Some of the easy and quick remedies are:
- Contraceptive pills: Contraceptive pills are good to maintain the balance the hormones level.
- Antacid tablet: Antacid tablets have quick and soothing effects.
- Counter pain killer: It helps to reduce the abdominal pain hence increasing the bod circulation and reducing nausea.
- Vitamin B6: It is recommended by doctors to cure nausea. It is important to the prescribe dosage only.