If you have tried everything to lose weight and all have failed, you can look for bariatric surgery. Severe obesity can be treated perfectly by these surgeries. There are situations when you may feel that nothing comes helpful to help you to lose weight. Whatever you eat, how little you eat, and it seems you are trapped in a weight-gain cycle. Gastric bypass surgery is one of the effective bariatric surgeries that can solve your severe obesity problem. You can go for gastric bypass treatment in India where you can go through the treatment at much lesser cost than other parts of the world.
What Is Gastric Bypass Surgery?
It is, basically, a malabsorptive and restrictive way to lose weight faster. Due to this surgery, the food intake gets restricted and thus your body absorbs less calorie from the food. Gastric bypass surgery has lots of variations. The most popular type is the Roux-en-Y Bypass. Through this surgery, the size of your stomach is reduced and thus, your digestive system is also shortened.
How Does the Surgery Work?
Usually, the gastric bypass surgery is done in two ways-
- Through surgery, two pouches are created at the upper as well as at the lower portion of your stomach. Thus, your stomach size is reduced and you can get full after having a small amount of food.
- When you eat anything, the substances are stored in the lower pouch of your old stomach that is not used. Thus, the entire portion of the food is not digested.
Now, you know how gastric bypass surgery is beneficial for helping you to lose weight. But, you need to change your eating habit and lifestyle forever after the surgery. You should always be careful of checking what you are eating. Instead of any unhealthy foods, you should look for foods that are nutritious so that your stomach can digest those elements. You will also need to take vitamins throughout your life and also have vitamin B12 injections on a quarterly basis. Remember, the success of this treatment depends mainly on the lifestyle you will follow after the surgery. There are many instances where patients lead a healthy lifestyle after the surgery and the new weight loss has filled them with sheer confidence.
Preconditions for Gastric Bypass Surgery
Is this surgery suitable for all? There are lots of fat people. Should everyone go for this surgery? Here are the preconditions to know who is suitable for this operation-
- The BMI of the patient must be 40 or more than that.
- If you have BMI 35 or more and suffering from high blood pressure or type 2 diabetes, you can get a better life after the surgery.
- If general anesthesia suits you, you can go for it.
- If you are determined to follow healthy lifestyle throughout your life after the surgery, go for it.
These are the preconditions you need to maintain if you want the maximum benefits of gastric bypass surgery. Obesity can cause lots of problems. If you eat less, you will gain less calorie. This is the underlying motto of this surgery.