Children are vulnerable members in our societies, which is why special dates in calendars are set aside to mark and appreciate these little ones worldwide. Organizations in this case UN is very strict on the right to protect children’s health globally. Protecting your child does not necessarily mean you have to be with them always or protection from physical harm. Your child’s health must always come first.
To protect the health of your child is mandatory and below are a few tips in making sure your child remains health.
Make brushing of teeth a habit
Oral hygiene is one of the most important ways to reduce visits to doctors. Research has proven that our teeth and gums harbor many diseases that affect our bodies. As children grow it is important to help them build habits which include brushing the teeth. When a child brushes his or her teeth make it known to them that:
- · Brushing daily is not an option and it is as necessary as wearing clothes and shoes while leaving the house.
- · After every meal they should brush their teeth.
- · Oral hygiene is valuable and parents should cultivate in them the art of brushing their teeth.
- .Regular brushing ensures your children’s teeth and immunity is protected.
- Maintaining their fitness
Nowadays children suffer from diseases that have always been associated with adults. High blood pressure and other related disease affect children at tender ages because of lack of exercise. Computer games and play stations have taken over the art of exercising. Exercises have always been important especially to children because:
- · Helps to increase the flow of blood to the brains and this in turn makes a child active and bright.
- · Burning of excessive fats in the body this applies mainly to children who take to sedentary lifestyles.
- · Strengthens and helps muscles to relax.
Encouraging your child to love and participate in sports is a simple way to have his health in check.
Regular visits to the pediatricians
Needles and syringes should not come in mind before visiting a doctor. Children should always see a doctor even when they are not sick. Checkups are essential mainly because:
- · The doctor can be able to tell any complications that can arise in a child’s health.
- · Children are able to be administered with drugs that boost their immunity.
- · Parents or guardians can be given advice on how to care for their child’s health.
Watch what they eat
Most children have a preference of junk food to other healthier foods including fruits and veges.Consumption of these fatty foods is a health hazard to their bodies and parents should guide their children on what to feed on. Junk food can cause health problems owing to the accumulated fats and preservatives it contains which in turn can lead to diseases. These foods are dangerous to a child’s health because:
- · They can cause ailments to a child including high blood pressure and this is one of the major killer diseases worldwide.
- · Accumulation of these fats in the child’s body will eventually make him dormant and this is unhealthy.
Protecting your child is important to making sure they are healthy is equally of importance. Also it is important to apply for EHIC which is European health Insurance card providing high medical care at free of cost.