When you get pregnant, you have to become very careful about your physical and mental health. There can be many complications that may arise during this long tenure but you have to be prepared so that you can avoid most of these.
The best thing is to consult a doctor the moment you realize that you are expecting a baby. There are gynaecologist doctors in Mumbai, who can advise you well on what to do and what not in this pregnancy span.
- Seeing a doctor is very important in this time because you need antenatal care when you are expecting. The doctors will definitely give some proper advice on how to remain healthily pregnant throughout those months, and they will be doing proper tests and will be providing medicines if necessary.
- One has to eat and maintain a healthy diet during this period of time. As the dieticians say, one has to have at least five portions of green vegetables and fruits on a regular basis. Then the meal should also contain a lot of carbohydrates like rice, pasta and bread. Then there has to be some eggs, meat and fish along with milk and a portion of pulses as well. Fish is important because it contains omega 3 fatty acids, and this is very vital for the development of the nervous system of the baby. But remember, you do it need to eat extra because you have a baby inside. You should eat in proper portion and the baby needs to have the proper protein. 200 extra calories per day is okay but not more than that. Vitamin supplements intake is also not a bad idea. This can help if you are not able to eat properly and getting sick by eating. But for that you need to consult your doctor. This is because Vitamin supplements should have 400 micrograms of folic acid. It also needs to contain some amount if Vitamin D as well which will help to grow the bone structure of the baby.
- Be very careful about the hygiene of the food which you are eating. Some food items are a strict no during this time period. This can harm your baby as well. So never indulge yourself to frost ready to cook meals or unpasteurised milk. Do not eat street foods which are too oily and are made of things which are not healthy. Avid very deeply fried things as well. Cook your food in utensils which are clean and wash them thoroughly. Always wash your hands or use a sanitizer before you eat.
- Sitting idle all day in pregnancy is not going to help. If you do not want to add some extra weight to your body, then do exercises on a regular basis. Choose some light exercise regime and follow that. This will bring you back to your normal shape again once the baby is delivered. Yoga and swimming can be a good thing.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol once you get pregnant. This will indirectly affect your baby’s health. So, keep out these two things for the period of nine months and even after the delivery if baby as you need to breastfeed.
Refer to gynaecologists and obstetrician doctors in Mumbai who will advise you on how much sleep and rest you need during this time and follow them diligently for your and your baby’s health.