Coronary bypass grafting surgery (CABG), well known as bypass surgery or cardiac bypass surgery is performed to ease the person suffering from the disease from symptoms of an obstructed coronary artery and to bring back the actual blood supply to the heart. Set of 3 Coronary arteries together as in left, right and circumflex coronary arteries function to provide oxygenated blood to the cardiac muscles and maintain the strength of the heart.
Any important blockage in the artery effects in poor blood supply to the heart that obstructs its regular functioning. CABG is the method in which a blood vessel from other parts of the human body is collected and grafted over the congested coronary artery. This makes a bypass way for blood to flow through the blocked coronary artery, thereby reestablishing the blood supply back to the heart. The common blood vessels that are collected for grafting are; an internal mammary artery, a radial artery from the wrist, a saphenous vein from the leg, a gastroepiploic artery and an inferior epigastric artery from the abdomen. Depending on the number of arteries that are bypassed CABG is classified as single, dual, triple and quad bypass surgery. Coronary artery bypass graft cost in India is obviously expensive, but there are many hospitals that provide this service for less cost making it available for the people so that they are treated and can save the life of an individual.
Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) treats people who suffer from the following occurrence of heart diseases like:
- Coronary artery disease: The two important diseases of this artery are, Arteriosclerosis, which is described by thickening a calcification of the coronary artery and Atherosclerosis, which is the creation of yellowish plaques of cholesterol in the internal part of the lumen of the artery that blocks the artery.
- Ventricular dysfunction: CABG is also performed in patients who suffer from developed muscular weakening of the left ventricle.
- Herat attack: CABG is also performed when a person suffers from a serious fatal cardiac arrest which is called as heart attack.
- Restenosis of coronary artery: CABG is the treatment preferred by patients who suffer from restenosis of the coronary artery after angioplasty or stent procedure.
Also, there are various types of CABG procedures:
- Traditional CABG
- Off-pump CABG
- Minimally invasive direct CABG
A person is kept inside ICU after CABG where the oxygen levels, blood pressure and heart rate of the patient are monitored. A minimum of 6 to 12 days is needed for a person to recover from CABG completely.
Medical estimate of CABG in India:
CABG cost in India may vary from 2 lacs to 5 lacs and sometimes can be more expensive depending upon the hospital people select and the location where the hospital is established. Some people who stay out of India also wish to take treatment in India and visit for medical tourism. Such people are always advised to take a second or third opinion so that they get quotes from various doctors and there is a probability for the individual to select the best one according to the treatment and care they provide as well as cost.