It is very easy to get addicted to drugs and alcohol and let it spiral out of control. But it is very difficult to get your life back on the right track. The choice of a treatment centre is a very important factor that determines the course and end result of the treatment.
Qualities of a good treatment centre
There are several factors that need to be looked into before making the final choice. Some of the points to be considered are:
- The treatment programs offered:
- These treatment programs should not only detox an addict but also deal with all co-occurring disorders thereby facilitating his rehabilitation. Post-addiction care is as important as the care taken during the process of curing the addiction.
- It should also have programs like the systemic family treatment program offered by Seasons in Malibu, to help his family members deal with the addiction and change their outlook towards it.
- A multi-dimensional approach and a holistic approach should be taken while treating persons addicted to alcohol and drugs. This holistic approach will ensure a complete healing of the person’s body and soul.
- Treatment programs should be client-specific and also incorporate one-to-one sessions.
- The team of associated professionals: The team associated with the cure and rehabilitation of someone addicted to either alcohol or drugs should consist of highly trained and specialised professionals. These therapists should
- Have a master’s degree or above in the relevant field. A doctorate or a medical degree is not a requirement but has many added advantages.
- Have ample experience in the treatment of different types of addictions.
- Be compassionate towards their patients and offer individual attention for the treatment programs to be effective.
- Environment of the treatment centre: Treatment centres situated far away from the city in the lap of nature like the Seasons in Malibu, is more effective because
- It offers breathtakingly peaceful circumstances ideal for retrospection.
- It offers addicts a chance to physically get away from the social sting associated with any kind of addiction. This enables them to open up and thus heal from the inside.
- It forces them to stay away from provocation initially and later on they start developing, strengthening and using their own willpower to overcome the attraction of the addictive substance.
Centres offering or having all of the above have the ability to offer life-changing opportunities which should be grabbed with both hands.