The main aim of these wilderness programs is to take people back to nature which is the greatest healer of ailments, both physical and mental.
As the name suggests, a wilderness intervention program, uses natural intervention or interference to deal with problems like:
- Stress and fatigue
- Drugs or alcohol abuse
- Lifestyle induced problems like obesity, bulimia etc.
- Emotional imbalances and
- Behavioural changes
How does this therapy help people
Wilderness intervention program benefits people emotionally, physically and spiritually so that they are able to lead a balanced life by
- Enabling brain stimulants to work better for longer and better quality of life,
- Healing people by getting them in touch with the spiritual side of nature,
- Acquainting people with their true inner self by relieving them of societal influences and expectations,
- Helping them to connect with people around them easily,
- Restoring confidence, hope and courage in themselves and
- Helping them to overcome negative and depressing thoughts.
Different programs associated with wilderness or nature
There are a number of programs associated with nature that heal people using the different aspects of wilderness. These programs are
- The wilderness program: This is a program which believes in the theory that nature heals people faster than anything else. The program highlights are
- Program duration is of 10-20 days
- Nature of program includes daily activities designed to tax the person both mentally and physically.
- Activities are centred around a specific goal which the participant has to achieve
- The nature therapy program: This is designed for group counselling for people having
- Obsessive compulsive behavioural disorder
- Anti-social behaviour
- Addiction and
- Painful relationships
This program is led by a team comprising mostly of therapists who guide the groups through different activities and therapies which are designed to challenge their psychological and emotional sides.
Program duration is of 30 days in which the participants learn to let go of their past and build the foundation of a positive future.
- Self-intervention programs: These 10 day programs focus more on self realisation by undergoing several unique activities developed with the aim of quietening the chattering mind.
- Faith based recovery programs: This is a 20-30 day program designed to help participants to lead a healthy life through spiritual guidance and pastoral counselling.
The basic necessity of every individual is to be at peace with oneself and these programs are designed with that as the ultimate goal so that participants can go back to their normal lives, refreshed and invigorated.