Bobath tables are used in medical or the nursing care sectors and also for therapeutic use. Mainly used for people with neurological disorders, it is also used in conditions where minor nerve problems are observed in patients. Whether it is a mild neurological disorder or a severe problem, neurological bobath tables can be used for complete cure and rehabilitation. The height and the weight of the table are such that it becomes easy for patients with neurological problems to access it with ease and this is one of the prominent reasons for its popularity. You can easily adjust the height of this table with the help of an electronic button which reduces stress and strain on the muscles.
Components of neurological bobath tables:
Bobath tables have a lot of components that are used for providing relief to patients with neurological problems. Rehabilitation of patients that suffer from neurological problems and those patients who have undergone surgery can use these tables with multiple features. Take a quick look at some of the major features of neurological bobath tables.
- You will come across a number of variants when it comes to bobath table. While some of them can be operated manually, others are automated. In most of the cases, the cost of this table can vary according to the features and functions.
- The casters present in this table are heavy-duty and can be bolted with ease. Moreover, the foam present on this table provides comfort and is free from CFC and a power coating is present on the sides of this table which prevents the formation of rust on the frames.
- Most people prefer using the automated tables rather than the manual variety due to the ease it provides with simplified operations.
- Neurological patients must maintain correct posture during the treatment for easy maneuvering of the body which makes it easy for the doctors to make the right observations during the follow-up procedures.
Ways to choose neurological bobath tables:
You will find neurological bobath table in the chamber of a neurologist or that of the physiotherapist. However, there are certain aspects that you must keep in mind when it comes to the selection of neurological bobath tables. Have a glimpse of the following.
- The strength and the capacity of the table must be examined carefully during purchase. Whether the order for this table has been placed for a small clinic or a hospital, it is necessary to ensure that it meets the requirements of the patients.
- You must also take note of the hardness and softness of neurological both tables as the requirements may vary according to the type of the table. This can make a lot of difference for patients with varied neurological disorders.
- While buying this table, you must also keep in mind the height and weight of the patient. Furthermore, the softness and the hardness of the material which is present on the top of the bed.
- Make sure that you get a lifetime warranty for the table that you have purchased as most companies offer a warranty exceeding five years for these tables.
Benefits of bobath tables:
Which neurological patients benefit from bobath tables? Children with cerebral palsy to patients who have suffered from metabolic and genetic disorders of the nervous system can use this table. Patients who suffer from major brain injuries and have diseases such as meningitis, stroke and encephalitis can also use neurological tables for complete cure and rehabilitation. However, these tables must never be misused for disorders or symptoms and they are particularly applicable for diseases of the central nervous system. In addition to this, people suffering from disorders of the muscular system or who have not shown symptoms of problems in the brain are not likely to benefit from these tables.