Nothing is more important to your health than making sure that your cardiovascular system is in good condition. It is something that is at the forefront of everyone’s mind and with good reason. Few things can be more terrifying than having a heart attack and you never want things to get that far.
In the event that you do have a heart attack or other cardiac episode, you are going to want to make sure that you can recover. That means putting in the time with an accredited rehab program.
Thankfully, Thailand is home to some of the best cardiac rehabilitation centers in the world.
Here’s a quick look at five things that you’ll want to keep in mind when seeking cardiac rehab at one of Thailand’s acclaimed cardiovascular treatment centers.
Cardiac Rehab 101
First and foremost, it’s worth asking: what is cardiac rehab anyway, and what does it generally entail?
Cardiac rehab tends to focus on recovery from cardiac incidents. Besides heart attacks, this can include recovery from heart surgery as well as percutaneous coronary intervention procedures, which can include angioplasties, coronary artery bypass grafts, and stenting.
In addition to those more well-known aspects of traditional cardiac rehab, Thailand’s best centers set themselves apart by also offering counseling services. Having a heart attack or having to deal with those aforementioned procedures can be a hugely trying experience from an emotional standpoint. It is thus vital that you find a way to come to terms with the incident and recover emotionally and mentally as well as physically.
So, now that we have a better idea of what cardiac rehab is all about, how do the best centers in Thailand go about assisting their patients? Thai cardiac rehab centers tend to follow a particular structure of treatment, which includes:
- Medical evaluations to determine what your goals should be so as to structure your rehab accordingly
- A regimen of physical activity that can include everything from work with a physical therapist or exercise physiologist to everyday exercises such as aerobics, walking on a treadmill, or use of an exercise bike
- Work with a dietician to ensure that you are eating healthily and avoiding foods or risk factors such as smoking that could aggravate your condition
- Emotional counseling
- Additional custom support to help you get back to living your life as normally as possible
Estimated Time to Recovery
Naturally, when it comes to medical conditions including cardiac incidents, every patient is different.
That being said, no matter your condition, you will naturally want to know how long it will take you to recover. Here again, the best centers for cardiac rehab in Thailand distinguish themselves by helping patients achieve their desired recoveries as quickly as possible without sacrificing anything in terms of quality of care.
For many patients, a timeframe of around three months is reasonable.
These programs offer a variety of benefits, including:
- The ability to get stronger and rebuild your strength after a cardiac incident under the guidance of trained experts
- Advisement on the proper diet with nutritionists crafting personalized dietary plans for you
- Support in coordinating care with your Thai healthcare provider
Other important factors to consider when choosing a cardiac recovery program are:
- Where in Thailand your rehab center is located
- The price of the program with your Thai healthcare coverage
- Whether the program in question is one-on-one or a group program
Discover why Thailand’s a leader among Asian nations in rehab treatments following cardiac incidents.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.