A cough is caused by mucus in the throat.A cough can be caused by a variety of factors ranging from arespiratory infection like cold, flu and allergies. Cold and flu are caused by avirus and takes anywhere between a few to a week depending on the severity. If it takes more than a week or ten days it may be a bacterial infection.A cough can also be a result of excessive smoking. It’s an annoying ailment even though it may not be severe.A cough caused by cold mostly lasts for a few days and is accompanied by ablocked or a runny nose. One must stay hydrated to ease a cough. There are various home remedies that can be tried to fight a cough.
Ginger with honey
The ginger is a known home remedy for a number of health issues, and in the case of a cough, it is an infallible weapon. It is a remedy available in almost every kitchen. It can be used in a number of ways.
Ginger a knotty underground vegetable has been used since ancient times to treat many ailments. Ginger contains gingerol that’s naturally anti-inflammatory and antibacterialin nature. It is known to treat a lot of infection and is used in a variety of medicines and syrups. You can use ginger to treat a cough in a below-mentioned way.
- Take half an inch of ginger. Peel it properly and crush it using a pestle and mortar. Extract the juice that comes out. Now add this juice to a teaspoon of honey. Have a spoon of this remedy before retiring to bed and in the morning. Do this twice daily. In a couple of days, one will see asignificant difference in thesituation of a cough.
Turmeric has antibiotic and therapeutic properties. It’s well known for treating cough effectively.
Following are the ways in which you can use turmeric to treat a cough.
- Take half a cup of water and boil it. Now add turmeric and black pepper to it. Add a small cinnamon stick and boil it again for two minutes. Let it cool down and drink it twice daily to experience relief from a cough.
- Dry roast an inch of turmeric root. Grind it to make a fine powder of it. Now add it to half a cup of water with a teaspoon of honey. Drink this twice a day everyday for three to four days to see aneffective reduction in a cough.
Lemon is rich in vitamin c and improves theimmune response of the body. Lemon is also used to treat a cough. It has qualities that can help to remove a cough easily in a limited period.
- Take a lemon and squeeze it into a small container now add a teaspoon of honey. Mix both well to form a syrup. Take this syrup three to four times a day until condition improves.
- You can also add a little pepper to this syrup for better results.
These are some of the home remedies that can help the user to get rid of this situation. These are time-tested remedies, and one can surely depend on them.
For more information visit here : ehomeremedieshub