As humans, we love our hair and are pretty concerned with the treatment given to them especially when it comes to colouring them.
As medicine has advanced, multiple new hair treatments came up for the betterment of the appearance of our hair, keratin treatment one of them has been doing rounds in the market.
For intense colour, the keratin treatment is recommended. But this treatment should be done on coloured hair only.
All of us know keratin is a protein. This functionality acts as a colour protection barrier to the coloured hair, increasing the intensity of the colour once the procedure is done. Keratin also amplifies the hair colour, heals the apparent damage done from colouring and last but not the least; it gives long-lasting colour protection. Brazilian keratin smoothing treatment or known as the Brazilian blowout, which straightens the hair giving it a smooth texture.
Now keratin treatment needs to be done after the regular process of hair colouring. If done before, then keratin prevents the colour to be attached to the hair, giving an uneven, patchy look, it is the keratin that prevents binding of colour to the hair. Keratin application to the hair is made by hydrolysing keratin molecules to the hair follicles, thus covering the hair cuticles from heat and other chemicals applied and protecting the natural keratin present.
The different types of keratin treatment include hair Botox keratin treatment, Brazilian keratin treatment. But a traditional keratin treatment includes saturating hair for 20 minutes in formaldehyde solution, acting as a protective barrier before blow drying and ironing.
Botox keratin hair treatment works by fixing the hair frizz that has gone through constant wear and tear, losing their lustre and looking dull and lifeless.
Coming back to keratin treatment benefits for the hair:
- Keratin treatment softens, smoothens and prevents any environmental damage to the hair.
- This protein acts as a natural barrier, by wrapping around and protecting the hair, thus giving constant replenishment of natural keratin to the coloured hair strand.
- This barrier protects the keratin treated hair from smog, air pollution, and changing weather conditions.
Remember, keratin treatment should only be done after dying hair:
- After dying, repair damage was done to hair
- Keep hair strands hydrated by locking the moisture
- Remove frizzy, dull and keep hair smooth and soft
- Eliminate dullness for hair
- It will balance the pH of the hair after dying
- Keratin is a protein cleanses the chemical deposits left form colouring.
Nothing remains permanent. Not even keratin treatment. Hence after 2-3 weeks, the keratin treatment should be repeated to maintain the health of hair. Keratin treatment should always be done on coloured hair to prevent permanent hair damage. Going to the nearest keratin treatment salon will be beneficial if the hair needs to be protected from damage. Hence before giving any treatment to hair, the right procedure suitable for our hair has to be chosen accordingly.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.