Despite the fact that most people cannot stand the thought of vomiting, sometimes it is very crucial to see that the body gets rid of things that could be harmful. That is one of the reasons we often feel sick and vomit; our bodies have something inside them that assist in detecting the bad things, and the instinct is to get rid of them. Learning how to induce vomiting is important, and everyone should know how to do it even before they need as it is helpful during those times one needs relief from bad meals and any other related problems. It is however very significant to be careful when throwing up because the process can be very uncomfortable to handle and sometimes it even becomes painful. Induced vomiting can cause injury if not done in the right way and therefore care should be taken.
If vomiting is a one-time thing, then this can be okay. In case there are harmful things that have been ingested, then it is probably advisable to get to throw up and rid the body of the toxin before it is too late. However, making a habit to force vomiting may cause problems. It may cause a lot of strain on the esophagus and the upper digestive tract and frequently forced vomiting can lead to tears in the tissues of the food pipe and throat.
Inducing vomiting as a way of losing weight should not be encouraged because frequent vomiting is known to rob the body of vital nutrients and cause erosion of the teeth. Having noted that, below are some ways that help one throw up.
10 WAYS TO MAKE YOURSELF THROW UP
- The use of fingers: The method is the most known method to make one throw up, and therefore the most used method. It is not hard and anyone can apply it without any use of specific tools. It entails, inserting the index and middle fingers into the mouth and pushing them backward towards the throat until the gagging feeling is appears. The process should be done quickly, and one should stop as soon as the urge to vomit is appears. It is necessary to remember that, great care is needed when doing this. The hands should be washed carefully before and after the process.
- The use of a toothbrush: A toothbrush and fingers work in the same way. Some people will find it disgusting using the fingers to make them throw up. A toothbrush can be used in such a case. When doing this, the bristles should be all wet to make it comfortable for use. The head at the back of the tongue should be rubbed slowly until the urge to vomit is felt. Ensure to wash the toothbrush before and after wash.
- Taking salty water: This method is an old home remedy to induce vomiting. The idea behind salty water is that excessive sodium chloride in the stomach creates the urge to vomiting within a duration of between 20 to 30 minutes of taking the saline solution. The water should be warm, and 2-3 teaspoons of salts should be added.
- Emetic: These are medicines intended to help in inducing vomiting. Once taken, they swirl the stomach, and within some few minutes, they create a kind of discomfort that will eventually lead to vomiting. Ipecac is a syrup example of this method.
- Gargling with white eggs: The taste and smell of raw eggs white are unbearable to most if not all people. Gargling around 2-3 eggs will slowly bring the demand to vomit.
- Watching someone else vomit: The feeling that comes with watching someone else vomit will inevitably end one in the same situation of vomiting. The stomach is signaled to imitate the act of vomiting when watching somebody does the same thing.
- Keep thinking of vomiting: This method helps the body to create the image of vomiting, and with time, the body will respond to it.
- Being exposed to horrible smells and sites: Horrible smells and sites make it easy to vomit. The stimuli cause the body to nauseate, and with time, vomiting takes place.
- Drinking mustard water: This method works similarly to that of a salty water solution. 2-3 teaspoons of mustard should be added to a glass of warm water and stir to dissolve.
- Overeating: This method helps induce vomiting by pushing the stomach to its limit. The stomach must find a way to eliminate the excessive contents. In this case, vomiting comes in the way.
It is important to rinse up the mouth with clean water after vomiting as it helps the body and the digestive tract recover from the effects of throwing up. Avoid brushing the teeth immediately to avoid eroding the teeth enamel which is softened by the stomach acid during vomiting. Take some water to re-hydrate the body.