How many of you are aware that Vitamin E is a wonder drug? Are you also aware that it has really amazing benefits for the skin and the hair? Yes, Vitamin E is a powerful, fat-soluble antioxidant that can rejuvenate your health as well as beauty. It incorporates a group of eight compounds that include both tocotrienols and tocopherols. It also functions as an immune booster, regulates blood sugar, promotes good circulation, keeps your heart healthy, protects against certain cancers and prevents stroke-induced brain damage.
In dermatology, Vitamin E is used to help protect the skin against aging, inflammation, and sun damage. The fat-soluble antioxidant is vital for maintaining healthy skin and a strong immune system. Vitamin E has been hailed as a cure-all to turn frizzy, damaged, unmanageable hair into shiny, luscious locks. 1 mg offers amazing discounts and offers on medicines and drugs. With 1mg coupons, you can get the best vitamin E products at the best price.
Sources of Vitamin E
Vitamin E is a common nutrient found in most foods. The following are the foods which are rich in Vitamin E.
- Wheat Germ Oil
- Sunflower seeds
- Hazelnut oil
- Sunflower oil
- Almond oil
- Pine nuts
- Goose Meat
Benefits of Vitamin E for hair and Skin
1. Fades scars and heals stretch marks
Being an antioxidant, it accelerates the healing of damaged skin and prevents scars from becoming permanent. In addition, its moisturizing property keeps the skin hydrated and helps repair damaged tissue. Regular weight fluctuations can cause stretch marks easily. Vitamin E oil cures the skin from within and diminishes the stretch marks and also any dark scars. Vitamin E oil is known to restore skin elasticity and lighten stretch marks.
How to apply
- Apply the oil extracted from a vitamin E capsule on the affected skin.
- Massage it gently for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
- Do this twice daily.
2. Prevents hair loss and promotes hair growth
Vitamin E supplements enhanced hair growth in people with hair loss. It’s thought that the vitamin’s antioxidant properties assisted to reduce oxidative stress in the scalp which is associated with hair loss. The antioxidants also help repair damaged hair follicles and prevent tissue corrosion, which in turn promotes healthy hair growth. It also deeply conditions the hair from root to shaft to make it healthier and glossier and even stops premature greying.
How to apply
- Mix the contents of 2 vitamin E capsules in 2 tablespoons of warm olive or coconut oil. Massage the mixture into your scalp in circular motions. Wait 30 minutes, and then wash your hair. Repeat this hair growth treatment 2 or 3 times a week.
- You can also massage your scalp with coconut milk which is rich in vitamin E and leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it out with lukewarm water. Do this a few times a week.
- You can also include vitamin E-rich foods in your diet to nourish your hair from within.
3. Treats Skin Hyperpigmentation
Vitamin E is also known to treat hyperpigmentation of the skin that causes uneven color and dark patches on almost any part of the body. Being an antioxidant, vitamin E can reverse the damage done by the harsh ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun.
How to apply
- Mix the contents of 1 or 2 vitamin E capsules with 1 teaspoon of castor oil. Apply the mixture on the affected skin leave it on overnight and rinse it off the next morning. Use this remedy daily for a month.
- Or, simply use vitamin E oil to massage the affected skin for 10 to 15 minutes twice daily for a few weeks to reduce hyperpigmentation.
4. Smooth the Split Ends
Vitamin E is the best remedy if your hair has split ends due to excessive use of hair colors, blow drying, curling and straightening.
It can reverse the damage to your hair. It works as an excellent deep conditioner to give you lustrous locks nurture your hair and cures split ends.
How to apply
- Mix equal amounts of vitamin E, olive and coconut oils. Apply it to the split ends. Allow it to sit for a couple of hours before washing your hair with a mild shampoo. Use this remedy 3 times a week to notice a difference in your hair texture.
- You can also make a hair mask with an avocado, a rich source of vitamin E. Mash 1 avocado, add 2 tablespoons each of olive and coconut oils, and mix it well. Apply this hair mask thoroughly on your hair (to avoid excess greasiness, avoid the roots). Allow it to sit for 30 minutes, and then wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Use this hair mask once a week.
5. Softens Skin
Vitamin E acts as a moisturizer and restores and rejuvenates dehydrated skin. It can also be used as an as a night beauty treatment once a week. The antioxidants in the oil protect the cells in the skin and prevent the formation of the new free radicals which can easily damage skin. It helps keep your skin soft, supple and moisturized.
How to apply
- Mix a little vitamin E oil with your body lotion and apply it on your skin to keep them moisturized for a longer period.
- You can also add the contents of 2 vitamin E capsules, the juice of 1 lemon and some honey to a small tub or bowl filled with lukewarm water. Soak your hands in it for 10 to 15 minutes. Pat dry, and then apply some moisturizer. Follow this remedy a few times a week.
- You can even massage your skin with some warm olive oil for 5 to 10 minutes daily before going to bed to enjoy soft and smooth skin.
6. Gives shiny and lustrous hair
Applying oil which contains Vitamin E on a regular basis deeply conditions the hair and makes it healthier and shinier than before. Hair can look dull and frizzy when it’s damaged. When the protective fat layer on the outside of the hair’s cuticle is removed, it loses its shine and becomes difficult to manage or style. Vitamin E-rich oil can help replace that defensive layer and bring back shine. Oil in general also helps lock out moisture, reduce breakage, and protect the hair from damage.
How to apply
- Massage vitamin E oil onto your scalp.
- Gently comb through with a wide-tooth comb.
- Let the oil sit for at least 15 minutes.
- When you’re done, wash the oil out of your hair with your regular shampoo.
- If your hair already feels well moisturized, you can skip conditioner.
7. Fights Wrinkles
Vitamin E fights wrinkles, age spots and other signs of aging. Vitamin E has the power to reverse the harm done by harmful solar radiation and the free radicals in our environment. It even increases the production of collagen that enhances elasticity to your skin, which prevents aging signs like wrinkles.
How to apply
- Apply the oil from a vitamin E capsule directly on the affected skin daily and leave it on overnight. The next morning, rinse it off with warm water.
- You can even massage the affected areas with warm olive oil, a rich source of vitamin E, 2 or 3 times daily.
- Eating vitamin E-rich foods regularly is another simple and effective way to fight signs of aging.
Tips to remember
Always dilute vitamin E before applying it to your skin, scalp, or hair. Undiluted vitamin E oil can cause skin irritation or a rash. Taking supplements can increase your risk of ingesting dangerous amounts of vitamin E. It can also disrupt thyroid hormone production, weaken bones and increase the risk of prostate cancer. So always consult the doctor before taking Vitamin E supplements.
These are the amazing health benefits of Vitamin E. It is extremely beneficial but if consumed or taken in large amounts can be dangerous. So take proper care and consult a doctor and include Vitamin E in your diet.